Our Commitment to Privacy of Certain Groups:
We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from persons under the age of 13 or residents of the European Economic Area (EEA). If you are under 13 or a resident of the EEA, please do not sign up for our services or provide any information to us.
The information that we collect:
- “Cookies” Information.?When you use the Services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our website. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Services to their fullest potential.
- “Automatically Collected” Information.?When you use the Services or open one of our HTML e-mails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after our website, the pages you view on the Services, and the dates and times that you access the Services. This information is gathered for all users.
How we use the information we collect:
- We use the information that you provide or that we collect, to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all of the features of the Services.
- We will use all of the information that you provide of that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Services, and to create new features and functionality.
- We may use your e-mail address or other personal information (a) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, right of privacy violations or defamation issues related to your User Content posted on the Services or (b) to forward you messages sent to you by other users of the Services and send you other messages related to the Services
- We may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit our website; (b) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Service; and (c) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
When we disclose information:
- Your privacy is very important to us, and we are not in the business of selling your information.
- Any information, including personally identifiable information, that you voluntarily choose to include in an area of the Services accessible to other users, such as when you share resources with others through our private and secure links, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users. Once you make your personally identifiable information available in this way, it may be collected and used by the recipients.
- We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us related to the operation of the Services. To the extent it is necessary for these third-party service providers to complete their contractual obligations to us, these third parties may have access to or process your personally identifiable information. These disclosures are made under terms comparable to this policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information the purpose for which it was provided.
- We make certain automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties, to: (i) comply with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Services.
- We may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement activity.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information when we believe, in good faith, that disclosure is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect us and others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of us and the Services; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Enome, our users, or others.
You may, of course, decline to share certain personally identifiable information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Services. You may update or correct your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page through the Services. You may request deletion of your account, including all profile information and any library data you stored on our system, by writing an email request from your email account to email@example.com. Please note that while your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
Third Party Services:
Our website may contain links to Web sites and services provided by third parties including links contained in User Content. Any personally identifiable information you provide on third party sites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies, if any, governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party sites or services to which links are displayed on our website. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with personally identifiable information.
Our Commitment to Data Security:
We use commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through our website if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The website and Services are hosted in the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Services you consent to that transfer.
In the Event of Merger or Sale:
In the event that all or a portion of Enome, Inc. or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
Our Contact Information:
Enome, Inc. (Goalbook)
PO Box 1289
San Mateo, CA 94401